Thursday, February 4, 2010

What do you do in hiding?

Full disclosure: I went into hiding and allowed my blog to be taken over by communist totalitarians mostly because it seemed like a good way to get a break.

But when you're shut up in an attic all day, it's a little hard to enjoy the mandatory vacation. I tried sipping raspberry lemonade and basking beneath a lamp today, but somehow knowing that I'll be out of things to eat once the lemonade runs out took some of the joy out of that. It's also pretty depressing to spread out a beach towel when you have no safe and reliable access to a shower.

But who I am to complain of hardships? I have time off work, which rarely happens these days except for Europeans and the unemployed, neither of whom are in much of a position to enjoy the reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment